Does anyone know about the Hohner HG-370

I have tried to find out more about the Hohner HG-370 but there appears to be very little information about the guitar. It is much rarer than the 900 series. Can someone from Hohner please point me to information about this guitar and are there any records on how many were made?

HOHNER has stopped the production of guitars for some time. If you are looking for more information about the instruments manufactured in the recent years, you will find all available product details we have on hand in our service area.

https://www.hohner.de/en/service/guitars

We appreciate your understanding.

Thank you!

That link doesn’t say anything about the HG-320 or HG-370? I own the HG-310 LE & the HG-320 LE and both were made sometime close to 1975/76. The early HG Limited Edition models were Hand Made for Hohner by a luthier in Japan named Kazou Yaire but I’m not sure when Martin sued Hohner for patent violation. After that law suit which Martin won, the guitars were still made in Japan but no longer by K. Yairi. My friend had an HG-370 LE in late 1975 thru 1980 when he lost it to a pawn dealer. His had the “theater ticket shaped” label marked “HAND MADE FOR HOHNER” on the treble side of the larger paper label in the sound hole like both of mine have but my labels are made of a slice of spruce and his HG-370 was made of a gold sparkleled foil paper material (VERY BLING) as was the whole guitar. I’ve never seen another label made that way, and only see them made from a solid piece of spruce and I’ve seen many more HG models with no “Hand Made for hohner” label which I’m thinking means they’re not made by K. Yairi ?? It’s difficult to find accurate info from hohner? The inlay stripes that devided the 3 piece rosewood back had a pattern that looked like signal flags of a boat which I’ve seen same on some late 60s Martins! His also had gold Gotoh tuners and a black & gold foil paper export label on the top edge of the back side of the headstock saying “Made in Japan” as both of mine still have.

Thanks Jimtone for the information. I am trying to gather as much information as I can about these HG guitars. On the FB Hohner site and TDPRI Hohner site, a member just found a HG-370 and bought it. He has put pictures on the site. I wish I could get more information regarding who made the guitars. My HG-300 LE is like your HG-310 LE and the HG-320 LE with the spruce movie ticket on the treble side of the label. There is also a stamp with a signature but you cannot see all of it.

We just inherited a Hohner RG 320 which has a movie theater type stamp with the serial number 80001710. I am wondering if it’s from the same Japanese factory in the 70s I read about earlier they seem rare :thinking:
U

Hi FaLK,

I think you mean the HG-320. They are very nice guitars. I don’t think anyone has been able to pin what factory a guitar came from but the group Hohner Owners | Telecaster Guitar Forum has active dialog on this.

I purchased a second hand HG370 in 1991. I love it like family. My friend says “it sounds like a grand piano.” I like to look at it almost as much as I love playing it. If it were a Martin someone probably would have stolen it by now. It sounds at least as good as as the best Martins I’ve played. It wasn’t until I heard it in the studio that I realized it sounds at least as good as the best guitars ever recorded. I just bought an HG 220 as a gift and it’s very similar construction except for the inlays and veloute. It sounds like a smaller O-model Martin. Any info on the 220 would be greatly appreciated.

Can you show photos of your HG370 and the case? Do you live near New Orleans?