Hohner Crossover Review

I thought you might like to hear my review of the Crossover.

I’m a bit of a fan!

6 Likes

Thanks for the video. I guess there are more fans of the Crossover here…

3 Likes

PrimaDanke
danke, als Crossover fan ist mein Weg zwar noch weit , aber ich habe Spass und einen tollen Lehrer

LIKe i say on the video…the best harp on the market …period! HOHNER Marine Band Crossover Harmonica - YouTube I like plastic like the new rockets etc…but ill always aim for the wood,and the crossver is for me perfect as the bamboo is sealed and it never swells.even if i play modern things i like that the harp have the bluesy touch thats why for me the wood and the crossover tunning make it perfect!

2 Likes

Not sure that the Hohner CrossOver Marine Band can be beat for a stock harmonica!!! Joe Filisko

2 Likes

I just got a hohner crossover. So far, it’s great, except since I’m a beginner the high notes sound weird and squeaky. And my first harmonica was a giant completely plastic toy harmonica that was $5, so I was a bit surprised by the size. And why is it more expensive than a lot of other harmonicas?

1 Like

The Crossover is a high-end instrument. It features state of the art covers, top quality reed plates and a fully sealed bamboo laminate comb which is almost completely water resistant. In addition, the screw together assembly makes servicing the harmonica much easier. I play it myself, both on stage and when recording. Basically you get what you pay for.

With the high notes you need to take your time and learn to use less air but slightly more pressure (the small reeds are stiffer). It really helps to breathe from the diaphragm and relax.

3 Likes

I haven’t played the Crossover yet, but I’m liking it so far. Not only is it beautiful to look at, it also sounds beautiful. It’s pretty bright, but it doesn’t have the energetic bounce of the classic Marine Band.

1 Like

The bamboo comb used in the Crossover sounds slightly brighter than the pearwood combs used in the classic Marine Band. Some people prefer one and some the other. I love 'em both :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Awesome and most innovative instrument’s in Marine Band Series… Crossover and Thunderbird… The resonance emitted from Bamboo Comb is Splendid & unique…

2 Likes