Hohner Flexrack and Golden Melody

Hi fellow harmonica players! I have a question for your wisdom: I’ve recently bought a flexrack by hohner, but, with my great surprise, it’s totally unusable with golden melody harmonicas, as they tend to slide out of the clamp due to their shape (and I guess every other harmonica which doesn’t have a “bend” in the body like the Marine band). So, am I (hopefully!) missing something here, or it’s just a gigantic and quite ridiculous flaw in the design of the VERY expensive hohner flexrack? Thank you, happy blowing!!

1 Like

Hello, good question you have here. You can tighten up the nobs (clockwise) on the springs, which will hold the harmonica firmer. Though, I do agree, the Golden Melody does slip a bit still. You could put some tape on the bar or the cover plates, to stop it sliding out the back. But you may not want to do that?
Perhaps someone else has an idea. Its not totally unplayable. But sometimes you have to adapt things to work.

1 Like

Simple Solution: Wrap a rubber band around your instrument. It really prevents slipping and sliding no matter what type harp you are playing.

1 Like