Hohner Flute recorder - raw materials

I am looking for information about the raw materials used for the construction of the recorders. (kind of plastic, etc.) And also where these raw materials come from. Do you have any informations?
Thank you!
Joan

I’ll enquire and let you know

Hi Joan,
Hohner informs me that the plastic recorders are made of plastic granulate from a German manufacturer. There are various sources for the two types of wood used (pear and maple). Some are of European origin, but product management says pear wood may also be sourced from certified Asian producers.
I hope that helps
Steve

Thank you Steve!
Is there any public information about that? Other enterprises shows sustainability projects in public documents on their websites. We are doing an educational work about raw materials and we would like to know about what specific type of plastic is used, aswell as the origin of raw materials.
Thank you!
Joan

You’re welcome Joan. To date Hohner has not posted or published such material on their website, but I’ve passed on your suggestion for future reference. It’s never a bad idea to do good things and tell people about them.
The plastic granulate is ABS plastic, but I don’t have any specifics of where they source woods etc.
Good luck with your project
Steve

Thank you very much Steve!
Joan