Hohner HG 240 acoustic guitar

I have a Hohner Limited Edition Series 1 guitar, model HG240 serial number 170135, spruce top and rosewood back and sides. I can’t find any info on his guitar. I would appreciate any info on this guitar. Thank you.

Anyone. I couldn’t find anything either.

According to Hohner Service, the HG series was produced in Japan from 1978 - 1985. The serial numbers suggests yours was built in 1981. It’s a long time ago, Hohner guitars from this period seem to have aged well

Thank you Steve for the info. I really appreciate your work on this. This guitar is in excellent condition.

Harry

1 Like

The Limited Edition Series 1 guitars are very interesting. Best guess is that they were made around 1974/5 by a Japanese luthier. They then morphed into the HG-3xx Limited Edition series which was produced by Japanese factories from 1976 until the early 1980s. The slight fly in that ointment is that somebody owns one with what they claim is an original bill of sale from 1970. I’ve seen pictures of the guitar but not the bill of sale so I’m taking that with a pinch of salt.