Hohner Marine Band 1896

I just received the last two Marine Band 1896 harps to complete my set of 7. I have played a Blues Harp for about 3 years. I ordered a Marine Band 1896 key of ‘C’ to try and knew immediately I wanted to make the switch. They play well, bending is a little easier on the Marine Band 1896 vs. the Blues Harp although they both have a wood comb. I found that I prefer wood comb to a plastic comb. Anyway, I’m excited I have all 7 basic keys.

I’d be interested in others thoughts on Marine Band 1896 vs. Blues Harp or even the Special 20 (I have one in the key of ‘C’.)

1 Like

I have a Blues harp in C as well as a Special 20 (G). I recently orders 3 new harps 2 x Marine band ( Bb and F) and 1 x Rocket (D) - which have just arrived - 1 thing I noticed on the marine bands is there are burrs on the cover plates and corners are a bit sharp. Sounds is awesome though. I want to replace my C soon and also complete my set with an A and an E . I still want to use the marine bands and Rocket a bit more, but over all at the moment think it will be a toss up between the Special 20 and Marine bands for any new harps I get. .

1 Like

Thank you for getting in touch ,only i been too busy,to keep up with .thanks for the information .MUSIC is very ALIVE and on TOP.THANKS

1 Like