Hohner The Jack Bass Custom

Hi there. I’ve has this bass for years, bought from a friend with the intention of learning (I’m a drummer) and this has sadly not come to pass, and I think it really needs to find a home with someone who can play it! The serial number is 9001891. It’s solid black, and in very good condition, with a few minor dings around the power jack. Would appreciate any advice re: pricing / where best to offer it for sale?

Cheers!

1 Like

I’ve enquired if Hohner Service can offer any info about date & place of manufacture. I’ll let you know what they say.

If you want to sell it, why not take a look on Ebay and see what they’re going for? These are not expensive guitars, but they’re highly regarded and offer good value for money, so I’m sure you’ll find a purchaser fairly easily. Good luck!
Steve

Many thanks! I’m getting it looked over by a local repair guy, then will pop it on eBay.

Hohner Service says your bass was manufactured in 1989. Here the specs:

HOHNER “The Jack Bass“

body: Californian solid maple; through neck: Californian maple with Indian rosewood fingerboard; 24 nickel silver frets; colours: dark natural, black; 2 Select, designed by EMG; bass humbucker / 2 J-style pickups; active tone control, on/off; vol/vol/tone: treble/bass; black hardware, Steinberger; Fine-Tuning-Bridge

So grateful. Many thanks, Steve. Really appreciate this! Have a wonderful Christmas.

You’re welcome. Likewise have a great Christmas!

Hi, I’m interested in your Jack. If you still have it please contact me. gettinghotter@hotmail.com
Thanks Brian

Very interested, please call 504-289-4907

Hi there,
I’ve given it a look-over and the active pickups aren’t working, so it’s booked in for a small repair. Once it’s ready, I’ll post the eBay link here.

Thanks for your interest!

I’m in the UK, btw. Hope that’s not off-putting, shipping-wise!

Hi… I have a Hohner ‘The Jack’ passive headless bass, and I’m wondering if you can tell me where I can get one of the screw-in tuning knobs for the Steinberger tailpiece? I live in Scotland, so a supplier in the UK or Europe would be good. Thanks.

Hi there. I’m sorry, I wouldn’t have a clue. But someone on here surely will!

Hi Andy

A mate of mine makes all that stuff for Steinberger and licenced basses. I can give you an email address if you like?

He’s based in Cork

Here’s the link to the spare parts still available from Hohner CSHOP:

If they don’t have the part you’re looking for, overdriver’s suggestion sounds most helpful. Good luck!
Steve

Hello, I have a Hohner the Jack Bass and I think the saddle for the tuning knob is stripped…I live in the Czech Republic and would like to know if anyone has such parts available? On Ebay I only see sources from China and am not sure of the quality or trustablity of those sites. thanks!

just for reference, this is my Hohner Jack bass, I put a custom paint design on it :slight_smile:

Nice paint job. The Hohner CSHOP has a limited range of parts for the headless basses still in stock, you’ll find the link posted above in this thread. If they don’t have the part you’re looking for, maybe overdriver or his friend in Cork (see post above the Hohner CSHOP link in this thread) will be able to help. Otherwise Ebay is probably the only option. Good luck!
Steve