Non Sticking Wind Savers & Valves.. Are there any at all?

Please explain different types of Windsavers or they are generally known as Valves… Back in the days they had Leather and now they have perforated ones and some claims that it isn’t so sticky… I am being naive because I got no Idea about any non sticking Valves as yet and I always warm up my harmonicas that have Wind Savers in it… Even in Europe Summer… Then I tend to play my Valved harmonica with minimum salivation involved… I just want to know are there any Non sticking Teflon like deal in the market of Harmonica Valves?

Any valve will stick if it gets sticky substances stuck to it. If you play after eating or drinking, chances are your valves will start to stick and buzz. They can be cleaned, but your first line of defense is to rinse your mouth or brush your teeth before playing.

I’m not aware of anyone presently selling teflon valves. They’re difficult to make and difficult to attach as they tend to fall off.

One alternative is the single-layer valves marketed by newharmonica.com in the US. I’ve used these as replacement valves with good results.

3 Likes

Hi, Winslow… I never expected it from you… But It’s nice to hear from you once again… I was being sarcastic as you know how I am on Facebook… But Thanking you once again to Shine the Light… I appreciate your newharmonica.com link… I will certainly hit it up and go for it If I need it…
Take Care … I will return on Facebook after 12th of this month to bother you again…