Rockwood Pro RP450G

I own 2 Hohner guitars for some time ( MX1Harbor Series / Professionnal “The Prinz”), and I just bought a RockwoodPRO RP450G in brand new condition. Very hard to find any review on this model or technical data… does anyone there can help ? many thanks !

Hello Selekter,
Sorry to read that you have so much trouble finding out more about your guitars. The Hohner archive has a lot of blank spaces.
What I found is there was a heavy metal model named RockwoodPRO RP450G. This guitar was built in the middle to late nineties.
The HOHNER Professional “The Prinz“ was introduced in 1985 and remained part of the assortment until 1994. First they were made in Korea and later in the early 90s in Indonesia.

hi there ! further to your reply last year, I’m still trying to find more info about the Rockwood PRO RP450G. the only source I have is the HOHNER - HISTORICAL GUITAR MODELS pdf file that everybody can find on the web… it says that the RP450G is a heavy metal “Flying V” model, but the head doesn’t look like anything like the usual flying V arrowhead. Can it be a mistake ? Do you have any pictures of the RP 450G ? My guitar is a “superstrat” model with a Floyd Rose tremolo. If I could send a picture that would be nice…

hey ,this is the head of my rp 450g

1 Like

thank you, exactly the same as mine. can you send pictures of the body and neck plate ?
here are pictures of mine
DSC_0445 1
DSC_0753

Hello can you send more pictures ?
Thanks !

Hey sorry I forgot that I had sent photos here :sweat_smile: here is my guitar in repair.

wonderful ! exactly the same as mine
where did you buy it if you remember ? you should post pictures on the Hohner guitars group on FB, because there is a mistake in the PDF catalogue and we both can correct it: the catalogue says the RP450G is a flying V guitar… obviously wrong

hello, it appears that the RP450G is not properly reported in the HOHNER - HISTORICAL GUITAR MODELS PDF guide. did you look at the pics sent by Marttty in this discussion? clearly the RP450G that we both own are superstrat models. is there anybody in charge of the OHNER - HISTORICAL GUITAR MODELS PDF guide around you who could have a look and make corrections ?

Please forward more pics if you can… what’s the serail number on the silver plate ? and where do you live ?

here is the Facebook group: Hohner guitars | Facebook