What are your most preferred Hohner Harmonica in Chromatic & Diatonic?

All sound choices Don!

Hi JoeJazz2000 iā€™m new user here, i have a 270 and iā€™m interested about upgrade mouthpiece on my harmonica. Thanks.

Hi DanMusic and welcome to an excellent, well-moderated discussion group. Iā€™m not much of a tinkerer on the chromatic, but I have cleaned slides, and as noted I changed the mouthpiece on my 270. The 270 was not my first chromatic; I actually got it to experience the classic feel and sound of it. I later became aware of the Deluxe version of the 270 and noticed it had round holes on the mouthpiece. I thought maybe thatā€™s the one I should have gotten, but then I saw the Deluxe mouthpiece available in the Hohner store. I was assured my posters at the Slidemeister chromatic harmonica discussion group that it would fit perfectly and would be easy to change, so I got it and put it on. I like the round holes better than the square ones on the standard mouthpiece. Iā€™m a tongue blocker, and I find it more accurate and comfortable. My other chromatics have round holes. I donā€™t know if the Hohner store still offers it, and I may have had to place a call to order it; I donā€™t recall. But it became available and I ordered it. Iā€™m happy with it and it returned the 270 to my rotation. If you prefer round holes, or think you might, you should look into it. Good Luck.

JoeJazz2000: I also did the cleaning, it works well. I was intrigued when I read that you had changed the mouthpiece. Like you itā€™s my first chromatic harmonica.
I ordered the New Super 64x two weeks ago and thatā€™s when I have understand the system of a mouthpiece with circular holes.
I am really a beginner, this type of mouthpiece will help me too for precision. The product does not seem to be available at the moment in the store but I will check on a regular basis. This morning I ordered a Marine Band Deluxe in C following my reading of Steve Bakerā€™s posts on the forum. Good harmonica player and singer. Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

DanMusic: Hohner Service tells me the online shop (CSHOP) is being updated and should be accessible again by the end of the week. The 270 Deluxe mouthpiece with the round holes is in stock and costs ā‚¬32,75. If you donā€™t want to wait you can order by email: clenti@hohner.de. I find this mouthpiece much more comfortable to play than the regular model with the square holes.

Thank you very much Steve Baker, i really appreciate. I order now.

1 Like

The Hohner CSHOP website has been completely refurbished and updated and is now online again:

www.hohner-cshop.de

Spare parts for all Hohner harmonicas and other instruments can now be ordered online round the clock.

Hahaha ā€œSoundā€ choicesā€¦ I see what you did there! :smiley: