Help with understanding the logic of accordions: Hohner Morino Club N (C/F?)

Hello!

I am a total beginner, don’t know much about music theory, nor about accordions.
I got a Hohner Morino Club N diatonic accordion from my grandfather who passed away recently, which is why I wanted to learn to play a bit.

Buttons on the accordion:

For treble

• 1st line/row has 12 buttons

• 2nd line/row has 11 buttons

• 3rd line/row has 10 buttons

For base:

• 1st line/row has 4 buttons

• 2nd line/row has 4 buttons

• 3rd line/row has 4 buttons

I have many questions, I don’t know what C/F means and if my Hohner is truly C/F. I tried to identify the treble notes on each line, which are (I think):

• 1st line/row pulling out: C-F-A-C-D#-G-A-C-D#-G-A-A#

• 1st line/row pulling in: A#-D-F-A#-D-F-A#-D-F-A#-D-F

• 2nd line/row pulling out: G#-A-D-F-G#-A#-D-F-G#-C-D

• 2nd line/row pulling in: D#-G-A#-D#-G-A#-D#-G-A#-D#-G

• 3rd line/row pulling out: F#-C#-B-E-F#-B-C#-F#-B-C#

• 3rd line/row pulling in: E-C-C#-G#-E-C#-C-E-C#-C

I found the base notes to be harder to identify as there seemed to be lots of undertones (don’t know if that is the correct term):

• 1st line/row pulling out: F-A-A#-D

• 1st line/row pulling in: A#-E-G-B

• 2nd line/row pulling out: C-F-A#-A#

• 2nd line/row pulling in: A#-A#-A#-A# (all seem to be the same a#, but with different undertones??)

• 3rd line/row pulling out: *here I gave up because the previous line/row was so weird.

• 3rd line/row pulling in:

I want to know how I can learn about how to think about this system of notes. There has to be some logic behind, but I don’t get it. Can anyone suggest anything on how to approach this, how to understand it?

Thank you!

Sorry, I don’t know anything about accordions. You can presumably Google the instrument. You could send your enquiry to the accordion dept. at Hohner Service:

I would have a look at the melodeons.net forum. I’m sure they will have the answer. Good Luck!