Hohner Guitar Model and Serial

Hi Teo, of course! The Flame was an electric guitar model with same shape as blonde; die-cast gold / chrome machine heads; bolt on maple neck; rosewood fingerboard; flamed maple on top; 630mm scale; 22 nickel silver frets; 2 single coil pickups, 1 humbucker zebra-style; 5-way switch without switchplate; vol/tone; colour: cherry red sunburst. It was first made in 1996.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: I guess it didn’t belong to no Frank Zappa after all :smiley:

Hi Kristin. :slight_smile: have an old guitar i got from a friend. It has the large print on head, says model G299N and there is no serial. Any info on this guitar would be appreciated

I have a Hohner MC-05 guitar with the serial number 010943, can you say anything about it? Like what year it was made, etc?

Thank you. Sorry for the delay there.
I didn’t find a model number, but it is an ST special. Really nice swirled pattern to the wood of the neck- I guess that may be maple as well. The 5 way switch needs replacing, but I guess that may be one of the first things to wear out?

Hey, thank you very much. I’d love to help you, but unfortunately we don’t have any spare parts for this model in stock anymore.

johndbarker,

Your neck is what is called “Birds Eye Maple” and they make great guitar necks and are my personal favorite. You can purchase a 5-way switch from many sources but depending on your soldering skills you may want to bring your guitar to a repair shop for fixing.

Hi @Kristin, or anyone else with the knowledge.
I have a black-bodied stratocaster-style Hohner Arbor Series guitar, with Rosewood fingerboard. The serial number on the neckplate (which is embossed with a picture of a tree) is E710940. Could anyone tell me anything about it please - like what year it was made and pickup/wood specifications? Thanks.

Hi Kristin! Just got my hands on a used classical guitar from Hohner. The sticker inside tells me it’s a HC06EQ, but I can hardly get a word from the Net about this flavor. It has a Shadow preamp, but do you have any info about woods, or production years?

Hi Kristin/Everyone,

Your postings are so informative and enjoyable to read. Thank-you.

I inherited an old Hohner acoustic guitar. Inside it reads:

Hohner
Contessa
HG-656-J
28029 70g

Can you tell me anything about it?

Hello, i have a hohner sg lion. The serial number is 8705286. Can you tell me the year and country of fabrication please? Thank you!!!

Hello,
would you have any information on this 335 style electric? Country and time period of make?