Hohner Guitar Model and Serial

Hello I have a white Les Paul style Hohner in cream/ white. I have had this guitar for at least 25 years. The serial number is 88711. Can you tell me more about this guitar? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi Kristin
My very first electric guitar was a Hohner Strat. I think I had it as a Xmas present in 1982. It played beautifully and at the time my Dad (a seasoned musician) bought another one as he was so impressed. I still have it and it is still a pleasure to play. The serial number is 852161 and it has ā€œMade in Japanā€ on the the neck plate. Do you have any more info about this guitar?
Many thanks in advance

2 Likes

Hey Kristin, I have a Hohner dreadnought style acoustic (HG-230) with a serial number of 150107. Itā€™s got the wood badge on the inside that says ā€œLimited Edition Series Iā€. Could you tell me more about it?

Thank you!

Matt

1 Like

Hi,

My Hohner SG (Serial# 81717 with a ā€œMade in Japanā€ sticker) was the first item I purchased (at a pawn shop) after moving away from home and getting my first apartment in 1991. All I needed was a guitar and a TVā€¦everything else came later.

Iā€™ve had it for over 25 years without knowing anything about it. Can you tell me the year and any particulars on the guitar?

Thanks in advance
Darren

I am the proud new owner of a Hohner Acoustic Bass. If anyone has some info about it I would greatly appreciate. Love it, plays great.
Model - TWP600B BK (it looks like TWB but I dont see that was ever a thing)
Serial - 91123677 (the 3 and 6 are hard to make out but I think its right)

TY

HI All,

I have just purchased an L%( Serial 8857124. Keen to know what year.

Im also looking to replace the Pickup surrounds and canoot find the type. Four hole on one side three on the other, looking for solutions for this but like the pickups so no looking to replace.

1 Like

Sorry thats L59.

Keen to understand current value also

1 Like

Hi Kristin I have a Hohner Professional PJ (also have the fretless PJ FL) the PJ model I got free because it had splits full length of the body.
I took some time repairing the body then respraying it in the original finish a metallic candy apple red.
The serial is C210338 can you help with any details ? are there any old Hohner catalogues still available on line
? Thank you.

1 Like

hello my hohner bass is a jazz bass, 849852 says made in japan

1 Like

Not sure how to start a new post on here and so hoping that someone can help through this reply.
I am trying to find out a rough value of a guitar that I bought second hand about 20 years ago.
It is a Hohner Professional The Prinz serial number C102404.
Perfect condition.
Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi! I trying to find more information about my bass: itā€™s a hp bass and the serial is 8623569. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello, everybody!
Im looking for as mutch info as posiible about my HRB DLX bass 05046519. THANKS!

2 Likes

from what I can gather this is a HG 430LP-T
Tobacco Sunburst made in 1977/78 acording to teh dates on the potentiometers
All Mahogany pancake body
Serial number 77936

Questions
MIJ?
year 1977?
What about the pickus? Any info the electronics were completely shot and I am replacing the entire set but would like some info on the pickups.

UPDATE: I replaced the pots/50s wiring and Vitiminn Q PIO Caps
The pups measure out around 9.03 which is usually hotter than i like but they sound pretty decent
Thanks!

1 Like

Hello, I have a Hohner Professional G3T
I hope this is the serial number CO12G10037
I found the number under the folding leg rest
I hope you can tell me a some information about this guitar , Thanks

1 Like

Hi im new here my name is Ben. I have a hohner acoustic guitar model hc06 serial number w11307. Could you tell me alittle about it. Like year and where it was made.Thanks

1 Like

Hi there, recently I bought a Hohner Professional ST 57 in not perfect condition but still not too bad. I did some online research but couldnā€™t find a lot of information on it, or it wasnā€™t correct. For example, I read somewhere that its neck is supposed to have a 12" radius but it seems to be a 9.5" and perhaps multiradius (combined with not sure what).

Iā€™m swapping pickups sometime soon, and Iā€™l try to level the neck pocket for itā€™s painted and there are blobs of paint here and there. Also the neck seems to have a bit of deviation. Other than that it could be a fine instrumentā€¦ OK, the frets are worn out and are being leveled now although I might just have them replaced with medium jumbo.

The serial number sticker is partially gone, but I can almost see the numbers engraved in remaining lower layer of the sticker, and it seems to be made in 1986, A 33 year old guitar! cool!

Any information on frets would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome @Jatetu !!!

My guitarā€™s sn is: 8618342, actually itā€™s hard to read. So I assume itā€™s from year '86.

1 Like

Hello Christin! Help with information on my guitar Hohner jt 60 with serial number C203861 Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Igor. The serial number C203861 indicates that this model was made in 1992. More information on the specifications of the JT 60, you can find in the list of historical models:
https://www.hohner.de/en/service/guitars

1 Like