Hohner Guitar Model and Serial

W e l c o m e B e n !

The serial no. should start with an 8 on the body, second number is year so 86 is 1986 can’t be any younger than that.
Kris tin gave details on woods used on mine have a look for that.
hope its some help?

1 Like

Hi everyone, i recently acquired two great basses and would like to know the manufacturing dates (or at least years).
Hohner B2A V Bass, Serial 05053255
Hohner B2 Bass, Serial 8850780

thanks in advance!
Cheers

Horner HW300G-TWR

Recently purchased a acoustic guitar out of pawn shop. Serial number is 9905250315. Is there any information on its spec, where made, year? I’ve cleaned it up, polished the frets, and upgraded the tuners. It’s sounds good.

A serial number starting with 99 indicates that this model was made in 1999. It was made in China.

Hi, I have a Rockwood LX250G with a 7 digit serial number 1021448 and was wondering what year it was made? I read LX250G guitars were only made from 92 to 96 is that correct?
Cheers
Ash

Hi Ash. That’s basically correct. However, the serial number indicates that this model was made in 1991. So it seems to be one of the first Rockwood models.
Greets, Kristin

Hi ! New in here, I love these guitars and have a black Gt3 with serial c101309 , made in korea. Kristin, I appreciate your info about its year and the push/pull function switch. Tahnks !!

Hi,

I scored a new-old stock Revelation X-III, serial starts with 007* Is it possible it’s from 2007? Your cheat sheet says this model was manufactured from 2008. Also, where was it made? It’s really cool BTW.

Hello Newbe here, I have a Hohner Professional series ST59 LH 3 colour sunburst (serial No C21954) which I bought used about 10 years ago. I would appreciate any info on date, materials, electrics and country of manufacture.
Heres some pics!

Thank You in advance

Hi everyone. I would be very thankful if someone would tell me the year of manufacturing of two TE Prinz models, that is the Tele-like Prince guitars Hohner made in various reissues on the 80s and 90s.

One serial number is C106056 an the other is C100455.
I don’t have them but I might buy one :wink:
pictures of C106056 are here:
https://www.scolopendra.it/?pname=dettaglio_strumento&ID=49175
and C100455 here:
http://begnispianoforti.com/chitarre-elettriche-solid-body/3887-te-prinz-prince-telecaster-1992-1996.html

Thank you very much!

Hello Kristin! … Just got a beautiful HOHNER guitar but I can’t seem to find any info on the net about it :frowning: … Any idea what model and year it is? … Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Unfortunately, I can only trace the origin and year of manufacture with the model number and/or description.

Hi Kristin, can you check the previous post of mine about the te prinz model? Thank you.

Hi Paul! Please excuse my late reply. I am happy to help you here. Both serial numbers you mention: C106056 and C100455 belong to models made in 1991 in Korea.
The HOHNER Professional “The Prinz“ was introduced in 1985 and remained part of the assortment until 1994. First they were made in Korea and later in the early 90s in Indonesia.

1 Like

thank you very much Kristin! Do you know if the first models (“the” labeled as opposite to “te” ones) are any different other than the headstock shape?

Hi Paul. Unfortuanately, I don’t know about that difference. Sorry.

Hey - do you know anything about my Revelation X-III electric guitar? s/n 007406 - can you say where and when was it made?

Hey Kristin,
I have a hohner acoustic hw03 with the serial number 0012362266 any idea when and where it was made?

Hey. Not really sure about the exact year for that one, but should be something around beginning of the 1990ies.